Do you have a flair for great style and fashion?
Do you love dressing up to go to work?
Do you have strong sales skills and a friendly personality?
Do you love assisting others and making people smile?
Manchester Shoe Salon in Market Square is looking to hire a kind, courteous and friendly part-time sales associate. This position would be perfect for a university student! We offer a sales incentive program and a great staff discount on our fabulous shoes. Compensation for this position is $10 per hour.
Manchester Shoe Salon is an award-winning women's shoe, boot and handbag boutique in the heart of Uptown Saint John since 1994! We are a locally-owned, independent business. We have built a strong reputation based on great customer service and a large, unique selection of quality footwear from bold and trendy styles to comfortable and supportive brands. Some of our footwear designers include; Nine West, Calvin Klein, Franco Sarto, Clarks, Steve Madden, Rockport, Rieker, Fossil, Anne Klein, Naot, Ecco & many more!
Manchester Shoe Salon appeals to a broad range of customers – from trendy girls in their 20’s looking for fabulous pumps, to senior women looking for comfortable walking shoes; we’re looking for someone who is excited to work with our entire age range of customers. Making our customers feel welcome, comfortable and completely thrilled with their purchase is our #1 priority.
Your weekly schedule would be as follows:
• Every Friday from 4pm - 8pm
• Every Saturday from 10am – 6pm
• Other miscellaneous / additional hours, as needed. Potential for more hours during the upcoming Christmas / Holiday season.
Skills / Requirements for this position include:
• Must have excellent communication skills, paired with a courteous and polite mannerism
• Must have a genuine passion and appreciation for great retail customer service
• Must have a professional and polished appearance
• Must have patience and strong adaptability skills
• Must be eager to learn and the ability to retain significant product knowledge
• Previous experience in fashion retail, customer service or a sales environment is not required but, considered an asset
• Previous experience working with a broad range of customers is not required but, considered an asset
• Knowledge about orthopedic insoles (orthotics) and / or common foot conditions is not required but, considered an asset
Job Responsibilities for this position include:
• Greeting & assisting customers with finding the perfect fit for the shoes they would like to try on
• Suggesting footwear styles based on the customer’s description, request and / or personal style preferences
• Describing the benefits and features of our products and brands
• Completing transactions through our computerized sales system
• Light cleaning / organizing / merchandising of the store front and tidying of the stock room
• Opening / closing cash procedures
• Other miscellaneous tasks, as needed
To apply for this position, please present your resume in-person at Manchester Shoe Salon in Market Square. Please include a cover letter describing why you would love to work for us and why you are a great fit for this position.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
506 - 633 - 7463